There are plenty of interesting places all around Finland, here are just a couple of them which are definitely worth visiting:
1. The Saimaa canal, as its just about the closest to us, and excellently sums up the lakeviews of Finland. There are plenty of lakes, some more worth seeing than others, but the Saimaa canal is a great place to start from. You will soon realize that it is not exactly a rare sight in Finland.
2. Helsinki cathedral. It is approximately 220km from Lappeenranta. It is very easy to get there via bus or train. Finland is full of beautiful architecture, and this is one of the more famous buildings.
3. Suomenlinna or directly translated Finland’s castle. It is an Island located in Helsinki. It is a very beautiful place to visit especially at this time of the year. It is loaded with history and has many cool wartime equipment all around the place, you have to take a boat from Helsinki to get to it.
4. Lapland. Everybody should visit there at least once, and if you are brave enough do it during the winter time. There are a lot of reindeers and you can go visit Santa at Rovaniemi. If you go all the way up high, during the summertime, you can see the sun at all times in Lapland, further south(for example Lappeenranta), it’ll be light during the night time, but you cant see the sun.
5. I might be a little biased with this one, but I honestly think its a great place to go to. It is in Tampere, where I am from. In the amusement park called Särkänniemi there is a high tower which has a rotating top called Näsinneula, from there you have a great view of the whole of Tampere, and you can get a good idea of what a city in Finland looks like. If you are afraid of heights, you might wanna leave this one out of your to do list. Also it has an angry birds park right next to it.
There are many more, but the above 5 are really worth visiting. There are many national parks which are really beautiful as well. As I was doing this topic, I was legit surprised about how many different cool destinations in Finland!